The Fischer TS-17 features an angle guide between the steel and the handle to ensure your honing work is as precise as possible. Great for building familiarity with using a steel, ideal for apprentices or anyone who wants to learn.
Prop the tip of the steel on the table with the handle to the sky, hold the width of the knife blade against the angle guide, and draw the knife down and back whilst maintaining that angle.
- Extra-fine for returning a razor edge to an already sharp knife
- Oval shaped steel for more contact between steel and blade
- Constructed from FILE steel 100 C6 (high carbon content (1%), chrome, manganese and silicon)
- Heat-treated for hardness of 64 to 66 HRC, enabling the sharpening of any knife.
- Hard chrome coating to increase superficial hardness by 3 to 4 HRC
- Magnetised to ensure tiny steel particles from the grinding process stay on the steel and out of your food.